For a completely entertaining Westchester experience, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema earns top billing by combining films, food, drinks, and events all under one roof. In fact, the Yonkers-based attraction has earned accolades such as “Best Theater Ever” (Time Magazine) and “The Coolest Theater in the World” (Wired).
In the spirit of film critics who often award five-star ratings to the finest movies, here are five reasons why Alamo is a star attraction in Westchester:
1. A VISION TO BEHOLD: Alamo’s six auditoriums are equipped with the highest-quality Sony 4K digital projection, for both high-frame-rate and RealD 3D presentations.
2. DINE-IN SERVICE: Alamo’s guests order all food and drinks at their seats from servers who silently serve them throughout the movie. The Alamo experience includes an extensive menu of made-from-scratch dishes prepared by Chef Lupe Gutierrez. The menu includes signature favorites such as fresh-baked pizzas, eight different burgers and baked-to-order warm cookies, plus seasonal specials utilizing locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. To top it all off, a dozen wines and a wide array of local beers are on tap.
3. AN AMAZING ATMOSPHERE: “Alamo is staffed by people who love movies, which is why in addition to new releases we show classics, horror movies, oddities on VHS, independent films, and all sorts of things you wouldn’t find at your average theater,” says Cristina Cacioppo, Creative Director at Alamo’s Yonkers location.
4. QUIET TIME: The Alamo is famous for restoring civility to the cinematic experience. General Manager Adam Law notes, “We have a policy of no advertising, no talking, and no texting—to provide an undistracted experience for true cinema appreciators.” Before the feature starts, a preshow video is shown that is usually full of clips and trailers to complement whatever is being screened. “We often hear from people who are delighted by getting to watch our innovative pre-shows rather than sit through commercials,” Law says.
5. FUN EXTRAS: The Alamo not only shows the best in new movies, classics, independent films, family films, and children’s programming, but also offers a host of special events. Law explains, “Examples include our multi-course feasts paired with classic titles; quote-alongs and sing-alongs based on modern favorites; and rare 35mm films such as our ongoing selections from the American Genre Film Archive, the world’s most extensive archive dedicated to obscure exploitation and genre films.”
For these five reasons, it’s no wonder that the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has become the place to go for movie lovers.
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is a dine-in cinema with the best in new movies, classics, indies, sing-alongs, and quote-alongs. The Alamo features a full menu and bar, signature cocktails, 31 craft beers, and a dozen wines. Online reserved seating is available for all auditoriums.
ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE CINEMA
2548 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10710