• Tao Porchon Lynch. The White Plains resident was recently designated by Guinness World Records as the oldest living yoga teacher in the world—at the tender age of 93. (For a profile, see our November 2011 issue..)
• Jeremy D. Billig. The 30-year-old Larchmont resident and engineer was selected by Structural Engineer magazine as a national 2012 Rising Star. Billig is the second youngest engineer ever to be selected.
• Westchester Community College. The school graduated the second largest class in its history—1,604 students.
• Emily Rosenfeld. The 8-year-old Scarsdale resident and actress has been cast as Molly in the upcoming Broadway revival of Annie, beating out more than 5,000 hopefuls.
• Westchester County Airport. It stands to lose an estimated $1.5 million next year from decreased passenger volume because of airline AirTran’s decision to vacate the airport and reroute its flights elsewhere.
• Calvin Lipscomb. The Mount Vernon teenager was arrested by Yonkers police for the armed robbery of a Chinese food deliveryman. Police identified Lipscomb by following a trail of Chinese food he had dropped outside on his way up to a friend’s third floor Yonkers apartment.
• Port Chester. The village lost its appeal on a $3 million verdict awarded to two property owners whose North Main Street property was seized to build a Walgreens. The appellate court also found the village liable for payment of interest on the unpaid sum and the property owners’ legal fees.