1. Brown, especially when paired with pastel blue, is the very height of fashion. Traditional styling will keep this set current for anniversaries to come. Pavia, Waterford, available at Fortunoff, White Plains, (914) 287-8700, $114.99 per place setting.
GO FOR BAROQUE
2. This ornate pattern of blue skies and rich detail is sure to please brides who prize Old World grandeur. Grand Versailles by Bernardaud, Neiman-Marcus, White Plains, (914) 428-2000, $395 per place setting.
3. Pastel hues, gilded flourishes, and a sweet pattern of flowers and birds add a light touch to formal dinnerware. Audubon by Faberge, Neiman-Marcus, White Plains, (914) 428-2000, $650 per place setting.
FLIGHT OF FANCY
4. Butterflies and dragonflies flutter through naturally rendered leaves on these hand-painted pieces from Hungary. Here, we’ve combined two of the many coordinating patterns in this series, Summer Morning (dinner and salad plate) and Old Master Tulip (cup and saucer) by Anna Weatherly, Hoaglands, Greenwich, CT, (203) 869-2127, priced by the piece.
5. Bring the romance of Safari to your table with this parade of playful monkeys and pachyderms. Africa by Hermes, Hoaglands, Greenwich, CT, (203) 869-2127, $385 per place setting.
ON SILVER WINGS
6. The silver gilt edging that borders the saucer and luncheon plate repeats and magnifies the lacy pattern on the dragonfly’s wings. June Lane by Kate Spade, Bloomingdale’s, White Plains, (914) 684-6300, $139 per place setting.