Rose Marie Parise, Phelps Auxiliary President
The Phelps Hospital Auxiliary, established in 1955, is a network of dedicated men and women who provide volunteer services and participate in fundraising activities to support the hospital.
From the time the hospital opened its doors 60 years ago, the Phelps Auxiliary has been an important resource, and its volunteers continue to enhance a vast range of services. Auxilians have demonstrated creativity in developing and successfully implementing many fundraising endeavors and have voluntarily taken responsibility for the ongoing oversight of the organization’s two most important projects – the hospital gift shop and the Cherry Door thrift shop in Tarrytown. Their works have strengthened the hospital’s connection with the community and provided significant resources for Phelps.
It is rewarding for Auxilians to know that the financial support provided through their efforts ultimately helps to save lives. The Auxiliary is committed to continuing its efforts to help ensure that the community continues to receive the very best in healthcare.
Being an Auxilian does not require a major time commitment. There are many tasks to be done and positions to be filled. In some cases, the time commitment is only a few days a year, while ongoing projects can give regular purpose in the lives of people who have the time and inclination.
For more information about the Auxiliary and how to join, please call Eve Urban at 914-366-3170.