The latest edition of everyone’s favorite little burgundy gourmand guide, Zagat 2009/10 Westchester Hudson Valley Restaurants, is out. If you don’t agree with any of the reviews, you only have your fellow county residents to blame; scores are based on local diners assessments!
Noteworthy to this year’s edition:
• The most popular Westchester restaurants are in order: X2O Xaviars on the Hudson, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Crabtree’s Kittle House, Harvest on Hudson, and Cheesecake Factory.
• The Westchester restaurants receiving the highest food scores are in order: Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Ocean House, Johnny’s Pizzeria, Sushi Nanase, and Zephs’.
• The average meal cost in Westchester is $38.99, the ninth most expensive of all the cities/regions Zagat surveys.
• The New York City, Long Island, and New Jersey average meal costs were slightly higher than Westchester
• The highest rated newcomers to the county are: Chutney Masala, Spadaro, and Tarry Lodge.