Starting on March 23rd, we challenged our readers to help us reach 1,000 Facebook fans (we’re now at 1,149 and counting!). The reward? Being wined and dined—along with seven friends—at Peter Kelly’s renowned X2O, compliments of Westchester Magazine. A month later, we’ve chosen the winner. How? It wasn’t easy. Many of you had good reasons for why we should choose you. But Stefanie Rennert—well, she gave us SIX reasons to choose her. (See below)
- Advertisement -
My mom and her “Rye YMCA Aqua Jogging Crew” ate at X20 during Westchester Restaurant Week. They raved about the food, atmosphere, and view! They told me that I must go to X20 someday!
I used to work in Yonkers on the waterfront, and I’m very excited to go back and see how the neighborhood has developed, and of course, to devour the delicious meal that is waiting for me and my other lucky guests at X20!
Thank you Westchester Magazine! You made my day!
Stefanie’s winning comment:
- Stef’s Top 6 Reasons Why I Believe I should win dinner at X20 for 8:
1) I started a group for young professionals called “Westchester 20-Somethings” on Meetup.com
2) I met my best friend at Cornell University. We bonded over fact that we are both from Westchester- I am from Mamaroneck and Ellen is from Yonkers. Ellen’s birthday is coming up in May and this would be the best birthday meal party ever! We have wanted to go to X20 since it has opened.
3) I used to work in Yonkers, on the waterfront, and haven’t been back in awhile. This would be a great opportunity to re-visit and see the how the area has changed and developed.
4) My mother, Marlene, went to X20 with 6 of her girlfriends last week and she raved about how great the food was. She told me it is a must!
5) I LOVE food and 90% of my photos are of dishes I have ordered locally and on vacation.
6) When applying for college, the college essay question was: What are 3 things that describe you. I wrote, “A smile, a disposable camera (b/c it was before digital cameras were popular) and an all you can eat buffet!
Please pick me! My stomach is growling as I type this! Thank you for your consideration! Yum! —Stefanie Rennert
Other reader comments:
- The reason I think I should win dinner with 7 of my closest friends because this past October it was my 30th birthday and I didn’t get to celebrate. I was training for the NYC marathon which was held in November and every weekend I was exhausted from running and never had a birthday party. Now that I’m not in training this would be the perfect way to celebrate. Especially since X20 is my favorite restaurant. —Audra Amorosi
- We are the Fabulous Real Housewives of Pound Ridge!! —Meg Le Comte
- I have not been living for Westchester for very long, and this magazine is my guide to life here! I love learning about the county and discovering new places – especially related to food! —Melisa Boyd
- I should win because If I tried to cook a gourmet meal for 7 of my friends, I might send 6 of them to the ER. Better that someone else does the cooking! —Tara
- What better way to say thank youto the people you love and support you, then to share a delicious meal with them. As a widow on a limited income, I could not afford to do this on my own. Here’s hoping. —Ruth Saperstein
- I think should win this special dinner for me and 8 friends bcause I love Westchester County and try to support the many local businesses by blogging about the many places my fiance and I visit in and around the Hudson Valley and would like to share that fun with my friends. —Kathy Farrey
- I work full time and cook 6 out of 7 nights a week and could really use a break (nice treat). —Tracey Giachetti
- Love good food and trying new foods!! I have great friends and family who would love a night out at a great resteraunt. —Troy Helwig
- Up until this year, my daughter and I were extremely lucky to have had a delicious, hot meal prepared for us every night by my son who has now left for culinary school. Now, with our busy schedules (me working full time and in school full time and her in high school and playing school sports) we could use a gourmet dinner. It would be really special to surprise my son not only with a dinner at X2O but also a chance to meet Iron Chef Peter Kelly. I owe him this for all that he has done for me over the years! —Rhonda Jeffay
- I enjoy the good quality of food with good wine in a great atmosphere and especially good company!! —Janet
- We’re thinking of holding an event there and would love to “test” out the ambiance and food! —Alicia Cammilleri
- I would love to win so that I may have a nice dinner out with my husband and our friends since we both work 6 days a week! A night out is very much needed! —Monica Chimes
- Because I love Westchester Magazine, I think it’s the most professional and classiest with the most info. And I have eaten at Peter X. Kelly’s fine restuarants there isn’t a more delicious restraurant, And because I can send you 200 more names. —John Nadler
- We are classmates from White Plains High School Class of 1989!! We have now known each other for half of our lifes and this is certainly cause to celebrate. Last year this crew organized our 20 year reunion. We are looking for a reason to celebrate this year in style 🙂 As Westchester residents and friends we are always looking for fabulous dining experiences to start new traditions. —Laura Barone