2 6-oz wild caught salmon filets
Cajun seasoning (see below)
Tropical salsa (see below)
2 Tbsp paprika
1Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
½ Tbsp onion powder
½ Tbsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp salt
Some fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 375°FCoat the salmon in the Cajun seasoning and brush with olive oil.
- Then place in preheated oven and bake for 20-30minutes, until cooked thoroughly.
½ cup diced mango
½ cup diced pineapple
½ cup diced strawberries
1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
¼ cup diced red onion
2 Tbsp of fresh-squeezed orange juice
Squeeze of lime juice
Salt to taste
Fresh mint leaves to taste (I usually add about ¼ cup.)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and chill an hour or so before serving over the top of the salmon. (Can also be made the night before.)
- Baked plantains (This is a healthier alternative to fried plantains.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Coat the plantains lightly in vegetable oil and salt to taste. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning about halfway through.
For more recipes, click here.