Kensico Dam Plaza

The Kensico Dam was completed in 1915 and was acquired as parkland in 1963. It is listed on the National Registry of Historical Places as part of the Bronx River Parkway Reservation and hosts cultural heritage celebrations and concerts, fitness classes, as well as areas for walking, nature study, and picnicking. The Rising, Westchester’s 9/11 memorial, is also located here.

  • County park pass is not required for admission

  • Directions: 1 Bronx River Parkway, Valhalla, NY

    - Advertisement -
  • Park hours: Open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (summer hours)

  • Phone: (914) 231-4033

  • Nature study

  • Outdoor films

  • Dogs: Must be leashed. Please pick up after your pets. No dogs allowed in picnic areas.

    - Partner Content -

Photo: Vineus at the English language Wikipedia

Unveiled: A Boutique Bridal Brunch is February 25!

Our Best of Westchester Elimination Ballot is open through March 6!

Holiday flash sale ... subscribe and save 50%

Limited time offer. New subscribers only.