Dubbed the “ultimate grill” and the “Rolls Royce of grills,” the Kalamazoo K750H-B takes the title for the most expensive grill in our survey.
- Gas grill also cooks with wood and charcoal
- Offers 38 inches of grilling space (726 square inches)
- Features three cast brass burners totaling 72,750 BTUs
- Front drawer for charcoal and wood
- Cabinet-mounted motorized rotisserie system
Bottom line: Brand delivers a strong build concept and reputation for service, although other brands have caught up to its flexibility at a fraction of the price.
Considering performance, price, and build, the Alfresco ALX2 series takes the prize as the top grill for 2015. Created by one of the founders of Lynx Grills, Alfresco has kept a laser-focus on its product.
- Hybrid burner made of titanium and 18SR stainless (the most-heat resistant stainless steel) with dual rows of ports
- Crossover tube for maximum surface-flame distribution
- Hidden rotisserie powered by a commercial motor
- Storage area under the front lip
- 600-degree heat-resistant silicone boots protecting the igniters and internal wiring
- New insert allows using wood or charcoal at half the price of the Kalamazoo
Bottom line: The best built grill in the business, a favorite of celebrities, and offers the most extensive array of products for a full-fledged outdoor kitchen.
The granddaddy of outdoor grills, DCS started the outdoor craze over 20 years ago and is still considered a bellwether product. After finally tweaking its original grill design, this year’s model includes cool new additions.
- Hybrid infrared burner
- Griddle accessory
- Efficient reflector shield, reflecting wasted heat upward to the grilling surface
- Includes DCS’ vaunted grease management system minimizing flare-ups and turning any part of the grill into a sear zone
Bottom line: At its lower price point, remains the best value in its class.
Following DCS, Viking has the next longest premium grill history. Manufactured in Greenwood, Mississippi, Viking takes its close proximity to the barbecue heartland seriously.
- 25K BTU stainless steel burners
- 120-volt electric ignition for easy lighting
- Viking Blue LED lights above each knob for nighttime grilling
- Offers the largest assortment of outdoor products to furnish an entire outdoor kitchen
Bottom line: One of the better premium grills on the market.
The Canadian-made Napoleon grills have taken the premium grill market by storm, inspiring a leading consumer magazine to rate the PRO665 this year’s #1 premium grill.
- Attractive blue backlighting for nighttime grilling
- Up to 98,000 BTU’s of grilling power
- Patented WAVE cooking grids preventing thinner cuts or vegetables from falling into the firebox
- Roll-top lid for easy opening and closing
Bottom line: A well-made grill at a fraction of the price of its competition and sure to be a 2015 bestseller.
Jonathan, Appliance Dude
(THE NEW SHOWROOM IS OPEN!)
1966 Central Park Ave Yonkers NY 10710
www.appliance-dude.com – The Video Blog!
Curto’s Appliances is celebrating our 7th decade in business. We are the oldest appliance dealership in Westchster County and now with our new state of the art showroom at 1966 Central Park Ave in Yonkers, we have the largest showroom in Westchester, the Bronx and Manhattan. We have recently been anointed the Best Appliance Store in Yonkers by the Yonkers Progress and we also were honored by the Yonkers Chamber of Commerce for our longstanding relationship with the City. In February 2015 we received an award from Stew Leonard Jr. as one of the 15 top Family Run businesses in Westchester County. We are also A++ rated by the Better Business Bureau.
Appliance Dude Videos
Curto’s Kitchen Photo Galleries