Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
Pest control is often one of those things people don’t think about until springtime when pests start to appear most abundant. The common misconception is that bugs go away in the winter.
Unfortunately, that’s not entirely true. Just because you don’t see those little critters around your house, doesn’t mean they aren’t actually there. In fact, it is very likely bugs are in hiding, waiting for spring to emerge and lay eggs. That’s why you should consider year-round pest control now.
To break things down even further, here are the main reasons why you need year-round pest control, according to Chris Call, regional branch manager of Fox Pest Control Westchester:
- Not all pests have the same life cycle. Stink bugs, for example, will hide in your home through the winter and emerge to lay eggs. Rodents, on the other hand, peak in the fall and winter months.
- It’s estimated that rodents are responsible for 20 percent to 25 percent of all fires of unknown origin because of their propensity for chewing electrical wiring and gas lines.
- Many pests are known to spread disease, so they present a considerable health hazard in your home.
Year-round pest control might actually end up saving you more money, as emergency treatments could end up costing you more in the long run.
Thinking ahead pays off in peace of mind, too. Knowing that any pests that were dormant in your home are now gone will undoubtedly allow you to enjoy your spring and summer much more. Treating your home in the winter will ultimately ensure your summer is free of bugs and other pests.
So, what does year-round pest control entail? Well, with Fox Pest Control, it means having an expert thinking ahead about pest activity in your home. Their professionals are available with a robust home or business protection plan for any and all common pest problems, using environmentally responsible products.
Specific things they might look out for during their quarterly service include:
- Cracks and crevices around the home where bugs lay dormant.
- Pest entry points that should be sealed up.
- Further preventative control measures to take to ensure your home is pest free.
If for whatever reason any new pest problems do arise, Fox Pest specialists will re-evaluate and take care of the problem immediately and at no additional charge. That’s the Fox promise.
With year-round pest control, you can be sure that pests won’t be a problem. Especially with Fox Pest Control, whose employees embrace the philosophy of truly helping their customers get what they want, you will sleep sounder and live happier.
This content is made possible by our partner. It is not written by and does not necessarily reflect the attitude, views, or opinions of the Westchester Magazine editorial staff.