We’re quickly approaching the gift-giving season! It’s the time of year that we get to show our loved ones just how much we care. That said, shopping for the right gift can be challenging. Not only because some people are notoriously hard to find gifts for, but because it’s important to source and support ethical businesses.
An ethically sourced luxury good is one that’s produced in an eco-conscious and ethical way. In short, they are goods created for a responsible buyer who wants to make informed decisions regarding their purchases. If you’re a buyer looking for ethical gifts to give this season, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. This guide will walk you through the top ethical luxury products to shop for this year. Let’s dive in!
Ethical Diamond Jewelry
Diamonds truly are forever. They’re a gift that keeps on giving. More importantly, lab-grown diamonds are an ethical alternative to mined diamonds. Lab-grown diamonds are created in a lab using advanced technology to mimic the environment in which diamonds are formed.
During the process, carbon is put under immense pressure and extreme heat, eventually forming into diamonds. There are no unsavory diamond mining practices to contend with, a low carbon footprint, and best of all, lab-grown diamonds cost a fraction of the price of mined diamonds. They’re an ethical luxury gift that’s perfect for the season!
Ethical Diamond Jewelry Gift Options
Drawing a blank when it comes to choosing the right lab-grown diamond jewelry piece? Here are a few options to consider.
- Diamond Studs: Diamond stud earrings are a quintessential addition to any jewelry collection and go with pretty much every style no matter the occasion.
- Stacking Rings: What’s better than one ring? Stackable diamond rings! Stackable rings are not only gorgeous, but they’re among the newest jewelry trends this year.
- Tennis Bracelets: A classic accessory, tennis bracelets are versatile and gorgeous. An ethically sourced lab-grown diamond tennis bracelet is the perfect gift!
The fashion industry is in a period of transition. Many conscientious shoppers are becoming aware of the negative effects of fast fashion. As a result, many shoppers are turning to thrifting and buying second-hand clothing. Additionally, a growing number of shoppers have committed to supporting ethically-sourced fashion brands. These brands commonly support skilled artisans in under-developed countries, ethically source the materials their products are made from and commit to environmentally-friendly manufacturing methods.
Ethical Fashion Gift Options
Check out these fashionable gifts for the 2020 holiday season, for all the fashion lovers you have in your life!
- Sweaters: The brand Eileen Fisher has, for over 35 years, fostered initiatives supporting women and girls, stayed committed to promoting human rights, and worked to stay eco-friendly. Not to mention, their sweaters are gorgeous and comfy. Grab one for your loved one, and they’ll have it for life!
- Shoes: Allbirds is committed to sustainability. Even with an enviably low carbon footprint, Allbirds aims to bring it down to zero! They have tons of shoes for every style choice.
- Purses: HFS Collective works toward the ultimate sustainability with its products. They source only the most animal and earth-friendly materials available. Not to mention, their purses have been seen in Vogue!
Beauty brands have long been scrutinized by their unethical practices. As a result, many major brands have shifted toward prioritizing cruelty-free production and sourcing sustainable materials. However, finding a truly ethical beauty brand can be challenging. The following brands make it easy!
Ethical Beauty Product Gift Options
- Skincare: Gift your loved ones great skin with Osea vegan and cruelty-free products. Their organic, seaweed products will leave your skin glowing.
- Nail Polish: ALIA Cosmetics offers an array of beautiful colors in their vegan, cruelty-free nail polishes.
- Perfume: Essential oils are having a major moment. Not only do they offer a strong, long-lasting scent, but they also have a wide variety of applications. Lurk offers a variety of scents based using essential oils. These fragrances are organic and eco-friendly.
- Makeup: Ilia Beauty believes in clean beauty products and prioritizes sustainable choices. Their products are made to maximize the look of your skin.
A quality gift is one that has been well thought out. As the old adage goes, “It’s the thought that counts.” Your loved ones will thank you for choosing an ethical gift, and more importantly, you’ll have spread a little joy this holiday season.
This content is made possible by our partner. It is not written by and does not necessarily reflect the attitude, views, or opinions of the Westchester Magazine editorial staff.