Bloomingdale’s White Plains Turns 40 and Celebrates in Style
Bloomingdale’s White Plains is celebrating 40 years of fashion. Don’t miss the fun and fashionable festivities (all free!) beginning at 2 pm on Saturday, September 12, at the White Plains store. Exciting events throughout the store include a fashion extravaganza hosted by fashionista Kristen Taekman of Bravo’s Real Housewives of New York City, a live DJ, tasty treats from Westchester’s top restaurants, and more!
Bloomingdale’s also connected with 100 of the world’s best designers to create one-of-a-kind capsule collections that will only be found at Bloomingdale’s. “100% Bloomingdales” will offer shoppers the opportunity to scoop up over 1,000 absolutely original and incredibly collectible pieces throughout the store including men’s, women’s, children’s, and home.
For Bloomingdale’s Chairman and CEO Tony Spring, the anniversary celebration has special meaning. “Living in the Westchester community for most of my life and starting my career at Bloomingdale’s in our White Plains store makes this milestone very personal,” he explains. “We appreciate the wonderful work of our associates and the tremendous loyalty of our customers. We look forward to what’s new, what’s next, and continuing to be ‘like no other store in the world.’”
Meet Kristen Taekman of Real Housewives of New York City
Fans of Real Housewives of New York City are in luck! Not only will Kristen Taekman, a featured cast member of RHONY, host one of the highlights of the Bloomingdale’s anniversary celebration—a style presentation showcasing Bloomingdale’s new and exclusive looks for fall—but Taekman also will be available to meet personally during the festivities. You may think you know Taekman from the show, but you may be surprised to learn a few more details:
1. Taekman began her successful modeling career at age 14—a career she continues to draw on in many ways, including her fashion/mommy blog, “Last Night’s Look” (www.kristencarrolltaekman.com).
2. Taekman has her own nail polish collection—Pop of Color (@POCBeauty) featuring 12 fun colors with equally fun and funky names: “Home Sweet Home,” “TGIF,” “Mommy Reality,” “I am Pretty,” and EBOOST Orange” in a nod to the EBOOST line of natural energy drinks co-founded by her husband Josh Taekman. Some of the names are connected to comments made on the show.
3. Taekman’s Pop of Color line (locally produced and sold) features a mix of bold and bright colors balanced with a selection of neutral tones. “There’s something for everyone,” says Taekman. “I think of it as my conservative Connecticut roots meet my wild and crazy New York side.” Taekman plans to introduce four new colors in the next four months and gloss is scheduled to debut in February.
4. For Taekman, the best part of being on RHONY has been “making really great friends” and the opportunity to support important causes, including one of her favorite charities, Smile Train.
5. Taekman’s best fashion advice: “Buy one, high-end, awesome piece such as a black tailored blazer or a handbag that makes you feel amazing, then pair it with other less expensive accessories.”
6. How does Taekman make juggling the show, her business ventures, and home life as wife and mother to two young children seem so easy?
Join the fun on September 12 and meet fashionista/entrepreneur/blogger/wife/mother Kristen Taekman at Bloomingdale’s White Plains—the store “like no other in the world!”
Bloomingdale’s White Plains
175 Bloomingdale Rd