From award-winning restaurants and delis to public school rankings and abandoned castles, we have plenty to reflect on in Westchester County. Here are the top stories of 2023 that you found most intriguing or, as we like to call it, your Westchester Wrapped.
10. The Top Bakeries for Sweet Treats in Westchester
First on the list is our local bakery roundup stocked with Italian pastries, celebratory cakes, and flaky croissants. We have a plethora of top-tier bakeries in Westchester, and here’s where to find them.
9. 5 Old-Fashioned Remedies That Really Work
Nothing beats a good, old-fashioned remedy to cure that winter cold or ease those bothersome hiccups. From a bowl of warm chicken soup to a spoonful of sugar, here are remedies that soothe the soul.
8. 10 Lobster Rolls in Westchester for Serious Summer Flavor
There are two things Westchester residents crave once summer rolls around: a sunny beach day and a buttery lobster roll. Bookmark this link for when the time comes.
7. Where to Get Ultra-Cheesy, Saucy Chicken Parm in Westchester
Here’s where you can grab some of Westchester’s finest chicken parm, for when the craving strikes (and you know it will).
6. A Look at Post-Pandemic Private School Education in Westchester
Earlier last year, we looked at how the pandemic affected private school education in Westchester. Additionally, we put out our annual public and private high school ranking in the county, which you’ll find at the bottom of this article.
5. Look Around the Abandoned Abercrombie Castle in Ossining
Take a look around this now-abandoned castle, which was owned by David Abercrombie of Abercrombie & Fitch. The 25-room, medieval, Scottish-style castle has been on the market since 2017.
4. 5 Food Landmarks Every Westchester Resident Should Know
Another one of our top stories involving food, this piece spotlights Westchester foodie landmarks serving up memories and nostalgia galore. How many do you know?
3. The Best Places to Live in Westchester, According to Niche
While every resident claims that their town is the best in the county, Niche’s 2023 list says otherwise (unless you live in Hartsdale). On its list of the best places to live in New York State, here are the eight Westchester towns that ranked.
2. Every Direct Flight You Can Take From Westchester County Airport
For those Westchester residents who love a good vacation, check out all of the direct flights you can take out of Westchester County Airport. Not only was this one of our top stories of the year, but it’s also particularly relevant for anyone looking to escape the winter chill in the 914.
1. The Best Restaurants in Westchester by Rank in 2022
If this list has shown us one thing, it’s that life in Westchester revolves around dining. And that’s no secret. So, let’s wrap this up with a look back on the top restaurants in the county.