Which method is better? We asked beauty pros Cindy Barshop of Completely Bare in Scarsdale and Christie Lavigne, director of skincare at Oasis Westchester, about the pluses and minuses of both hair-removal treatments.
• Immediate result.
• Less expensive than lasers.
• Potential ingrown hairs or irritation.
• Permanent hair reduction in four to six sessions.
• No potential for ingrown hairs or irritation
• Lasers don’t work as well on darker complexions; not at all on blond or gray hair.
• Client should not be tanned, or on antibiotics or any vitamin A products.
• Basic bikini: $36 to $63
• Brazilian: $70 to $85
• Basic Bikini: packages run $1,095 to $1,815
• Brazilian: $1,395 to $2,340. Special pricing deals can bring the price down up to 50 percent.