You finally perfected your perfectly dry, straight, glossy at-home blowout and, guess what? It’s all over: The Wet Look is back. At least that’s what we hear from Cheryl DiGiacomo of Glam Beauty Bar in Larchmont.
“It’s been requested by clients going out on the town, for prom, and for special events. We’ve had girls from regional towns requesting a wet look for prom and even sending in photos of what they want,” she said.
Though the Wet Look is not new — it has gone in and out of style in spurts over the decades — DiGiacomo says she noticed a resurgence in popularity and started getting requests for it “after Kim Kardashian had her hair in a Wet Look for the MTV VMA’s this past September. Now we’re seeing it everywhere in magazines and red-carpet events.” Even Selena Gomez is wearing it, says DiGiacomo. “She just put a photo of herself wearing a sleek Wet Look on her Instagram a few days ago, which created a lot of buzz. Khloe Kardashian also had it in October, an example of a wavy-hair Wet Look.”
- Advertisement -
Glam Beauty Bar charges from $55 to $75 for the style, depending on length of hair and time involved to create the look.
Want to create this sleek look for yourself? Here, DiGiacomo shows you how:
1. Wash and condition hair, then towel-dry, leaving hair damp.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Beach Cream throughout hair using a comb or your fingers from root to ends.
3. Apply a good treatment oil, like Kevin Murphy Young Again Immortelle Infused Treatment Oil, all over hair, but focus on the roots to keep them looking wet.
4. Apply a small amount of anti-frizz cream, like Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream, all over hair.
5. Using a texturizing spray, like Wella EIMI Ocean Spritz Beach Spray, scrunch and mold your hair to the desired look.