Call us suckers for the foliage, but splashes of red, orange, and brown backdropping a gleaming white dress or a pitch-black tux just pop. But that’s not all there is to love about fall weddings in Westchester. With so many incredible local venues and outdoor destinations to get hitched at, we’ve seen a bevy of cute, kitschy, cozy, and stylish ways to bring the moods of the season into your celebration. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Skip the silk robes and do the bridal-party-getting-ready thing in cozy, mix-and-match flannel button-down shirts.
2. Choose bridesmaids’ dresses in an array of dusty autumnal colors.
3. And add a pop of deep burgundy to your white gown with velvet pumps.
4. At cocktail hour, serve spiced cider, or offer a big bowl of apple cider donuts for dessert. We’re pretty sure this is a legal requirement of any fall wedding in the Hudson Valley.
5. Work leaves in wherever you can, like this leaf-flecked arrangement bursting with autumn color.
6. They also set the tone nicely as place cards.
7. And work as the perfect backdrop to make the diamonds on your rings really sparkle.
8. And are perfect for those romantic just-married-kiss photos.
9. Not into leaves? Go with a harvest-inspired arrangement featuring figs, berries, stone fruits, and citrus.
10. Or keep your fall wedding simple with red and orange flowers and a whole lot of candlelight.
11. Or try something a bit more whimsical like seasonal flowers, apples, felt acorns, and tiny bottles of maple syrup.
12. White-painted pumpkins look super chic with silvery votive candles.
13. And gold ones make for fantastic place-card holders.
14. With autumn’s chill in the air, finish the night with a roaring fire.