Across Westchester Wednesday, people will celebrate Veterans Day at various events. Here’s a rundown of where you can honor our veterans.
• Hartsdale: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand will speak at a ceremony. 2 pm in DeSanti Park.
• Somers: Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony. 10:30 am, ceremony at 11:00 am. Somers Town House.
• New Rochelle: Ceremony beginning at 10:30 am at the Memorial Plaza. The ceremony will be paying a special honor to the NRPD and NRFD.
• Yonkers: Veteran’s Day Ceremony. 11 am in front of City Hall.
• White Plains: Ceremony at 10:30 am in front of Soldiers and Sailors Monument in the White Plains Rural Cemetery.
Know of any Veterans Day events we missed? Let us know in the comments.
Here’s where veterans can take advantage of discounts and giveaways for Veterans Day:
• IHOP will be giving away free red, white, and blue pancakes to veterans and active personnel from 7 am until 7 pm
• Bowlmor Lanes is offering free bowling to all veterans and active military members.
• Starbucks is offering a free tall brewed coffee for veterans and their spouses.
• With a valid I.D. current and former service members can score a free “you pick two” from Panera Bread
• At Olive Garden, veterans can enjoy a free entrée, and family members dining with service members will receive a 10 percent discount
• Applebee’s has a “Thank You Meal Menu” for veterans and active duty military members.
• Outback Steakhouse is offering a free bloomin’ onion and beverage for active and retired military members with a valid military I.D. at participating restaurants. The “Military Mates” offer means military members and their families can also receive 15 percent off their check.
• Great Clips is giving patrons a free haircut card to give to a veteran. The card is redeemable through December 31.
• Red Robin is offering a free Red’s Tavern double burger and bottomless steak fries for veterans and current service members.
• Chili’s is offering veterans their choice of any lunch combo, or a choice of a dinner meal from a select menu