Sorry Westchesterites, but it looks like we won’t be able to skip over winter this year entirely.
Bitter cold temperatures early this week may be met by a large snow storm this weekend. Forecasts are predicting New York City and its suburbs could be hit with several inches of snow starting Friday.
The National Weather Service tweeted Wednesday afternoon that there is increasing potential for a significant snowstorm that could arrive Friday and last into Saturday:
- Advertisement -
There is still a good deal of uncertainty surrounding just how severe the storm will be in the area, as explained by HudsonValleyWeather.com in a post this morning:
“If the storm tracks further east, out to sea… the heaviest snowfall would remain just to our south, and provide NYC to Washington DC with a potentially crippling snowstorm,” HudsonValleyWeather.com’s Bill Potter wrote. “However, if the storm tracks closer to the coast, and further north… the Hudson Valley could be in line for snowfall amounts well in excess of 1 foot.”
The website posted a video to YouTube this morning exploring the storm’s possibilities in the region:
In the meantime, we will be dealing with an especially cold couple days. Some areas of Westchester are expected to experience wind chills below zero Tuesday.
- Partner Content -
We can’t do anything about the cold, but we can offer up some tips to help you along. Plus, of course, some food advice.
• We have a guide for preparing for any type of storm, should we end up getting the worst of this.
• With cold weather, frozen pipes can be a major issue for homeowners. Here’s how to prevent and treat them.
• Here are some basics on driving through snow.
• We have a guide to making the delicious City Limits Diner’s hot chocolate and marshmallows.
• If you’re looking for soul-warming comfort food, well we just released a massive guide with 67 dishes you can find right in the county.
• You can also stay inside and make your own comfort food, how about creamy Parmesan and aged Cheddar soupâ€¨?
• Of, if you’d rather just sip something and dream of warmer days to come, we have a whole page of cocktail recipes.