Regardless of gender, during the relaxing summer months, it’s also easy to relax your eating habits and gain weight as a result. Here are 10 tips for enjoying the season without packing on pounds:
1. Eat before you party.
2. Bring a healthy dish.
3. Find healthy holiday foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Wear form-fitting clothes. (Without realizing it, you’re more likely to overeat wearing loose clothing.)
6. Use small plates.
7. Practice portion control. Fill half of your plate with vegetables and the other half with proteins and healthy starches.
8. Avoid high caloric drinks.
9. Take a walk after parties or large dinners.
10. Resist constant grazing by socializing away from any central food location.
Maria Briones, MD
Briones Weight Loss Center
344 E Main St