North Castle Public Library—Serving the North Castle hamlets of Armonk, North White Plains, and Banksville, this library first opened in 1938 and was initially located in a small store at 21 Maple Avenue with 1,600 books. Today, the 20,000-square-foot building contains more than 53,000 books and almost 7,000 non-print items such as videos, CDs, and DVDs.
Amore Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen—Don’t forget to check out the outdoor area behind this newish Italian restaurant that serves artisan pizzas and house-made pastas; there’s a bocce court plus an 80-seat patio with a wood oven and views of a vegetable garden and brook.
TruGrace Fashion Lounge—Trendy teens and their stylish moms come to this women’s boutique for clothes (Peter Som), shoes (Giuseppe Zanotti), and accessories (Beirn).
Armonk Country Kitchen—The go-to downtown quick-bite lunch spot, Armonk Country Kitchen offers 10 house-made soups daily (the standout is portobello purée), a salad bar, take-home dinners, and sandwiches and panini.
Hickory & Tweed—Selling ski equipment and outdoor fashions since 1961, current owner Skip Beitzel added bikes in 1986.
Restaurant North—A genuine farm-to-table restaurant with a menu that changes daily, chef and co-owner Eric Gabrynowicz is a two-time James Beard award semifinalist (for Rising Star Chef in 2011; for Best Chef: Northeast in 2014).
North Castle Town Hall—The town is the fifth largest employer (156 employees) in North Castle behind Swiss Re, IBM, MBIA, and the Byram Hills Central School District.
Fortina—A pair of wood-fired ovens (one for pizza and one for wood-roasted mains) and roughly 40 craft beers are some of the highlights at this well-reviewed Italian restaurant that’s helped make Armonk a foodie hot spot. A second location is expected to open in Rye Brook sometime in late December.
Wampus Brook Park—In American folklore, the wampus is a cougar-like beast. Thankfully, none have ever been spotted at this park that was instead named after Chief Wampus of the Siwanoy tribe. The name Armonk likely came from a variation of Armonck, what the Siwanoys called the Byram River.
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church—This 1842 Greek Revival church is the oldest building of nine wood-framed structures in Armonk’s Bedford Road Historic District.
Mariani Gardens—This high-end garden center offers unique plantings, exotic flowers, and distinctive home and garden decor. Don’t miss the excellent café for breakfast or lunch.