The über-luxury line La Prairie has just introduced a new collection of cosmetics at consumer-friendly prices—each item is under $70. Encased in beautiful silver beaded compacts, the “Plumage de Nuit” lipsticks, glosses, illuminating powder, eye shadow quads, and blush powder duos come in rich shades of browns, purples, and wine, interlaced with gold and copper.
La Prairie “Color Ambassador” Raychel Wade, makeup artist and founder of Cheek to Chic cosmetic consultancy in New York City, says of the collection, “As a professional makeup artist, I seek out high-performing products in wearable shades that enhance my clients’ natural beauty without complication. Women need to wear makeup—not have the makeup wear them. The ‘Plumage de Nuit’ collection is so versatile, the various components can work for anyone—whether twenty-five or sixty-five, a makeup novice or makeup pro. The colors are rich, and the textures are buildable, providing endless options for various looks.” Here, a few of Wade’s tips:
• An incandescent glow makes the face look younger, brighter, and lighter. Apply the Illuminating Face Powder across the apples of the cheeks (in an area no bigger than the size of a quarter) and down the bridge of your nose, finishing right on the tip.
• Apply eye makeup first, even before foundation. This way you can easily clean up any excess powder that falls during application without smudging foundation or concealer.
• For an instantly fuller pout, try applying a touch of the Illuminating Face Powder directly on the bow of your lips before lipstick and gloss.
• Don’t be afraid to experiment with eyeliner—mixing and layering two pencil colors together gives a fresh, rich look.
• To really help your eyes pop and give your eyeliner a fabulous lasting effect, first apply a pencil in a color of your choice and then reinforce the pigment by applying a thick layer of similarly colored eye-shadow powder.
• Don’t feel pressured to use all four colors in a quad at once. Sometimes eye makeup looks just as pretty with one simple hue!
• Apply a layer of Cellular Lip Colour Effects’ Firefly Glace on top of even the deepest of lip colors to morph your daytime lipstick into a polished look for night.
• With a blush duo compact, apply the darker color to larger area of cheeks, and apply the highlighter color on apples of cheeks so when you smile, you radiate.
Look for more tips on how best to use the collection at shoplaprairie.com/PlumageDeNuit/Raychel.asp
175 Bloomingdale Rd, White Plains
2 E Maple Ave, White Plains
(14) 428-2000, ext. 2306