eurobanks | AdobeStock
Niche.com updated its list of which of the state’s school districts have the best teachers, and Westchester County rules the top 100.
School and neighborhood ratings organization Niche has released its 2022 list of school districts with the best teachers in New York. The list ranks school districts on grades K through 12, based on a combination of factors such as ratings by parents and other teachers, teacher salaries, tenure, absenteeism, and student-to-teacher ratio, then combines that with the district’s Niche Academics Grade. So who’ll be giving the valedictorian speech this year?
Just two years after placing third overall, Scarsdale’s Union Free School District is now the number one school district for teachers in New York State. Scarsdale once again aced its Niche Grade both overall and at every one of its seven individual schools. A student-teacher ratio of 13:1 (about 20% below the national average of 16:1), good diversity, and an average teacher salary of over $141,000 also makes Scarsdale Niche’s best places to teach in New York, and the fourth best school district n New York overall.
Bronxville Union Free School District moved up to second place, after ranking as far down as 25 just two years ago.
Rye City School District moved down the list to #6 in the state, winning Westchester’s silver medal, followed closely by Edgemont Union Free School District at #8 to round out the top 10. All told, Westchester County school districts had an additional four places in the top 25, and a staggering eighteen in the top 100:
- Byram Hills Central School District placed 12th.
- Pelham Union Free School District’s teachers were ranked 14th.
- Chappaqua Central School District’s teachers snagged 16th.
- Rye Neck Union Free School District came in 20th.
- Eastchester Union Free School District ranked 35th.
- Yorktown Central School District placed 39th.
- Ardsley Union Free School District ranked 40th.
- Harrison Central School District was 44th.
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District came in 51st.
- Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District placed 55th.
- Greenburgh-Graham Union Free School District in Hastings-on-Hudson landed at 67th.
- Mount Pleasant Central School District ranked 68th.
- Valhalla Union Free School District placed 73rd.
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District ranked 75th.
- White Plains City School District earned a placement at 83rd.
- Pleasantville Union Free School District came in 86th.
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District ranked 89th.
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District rounded out Westchester’s showings at even 100th.
To see how your Westchester County school districts rank, check out the full list here.