The Westchester Home Hudson Valley Home Builders Awards is a brand-new contest, in partnership with The Building & Realty Institute of Westchester & the Mid-Hudson Region.
We will be proudly celebrating Westchester and the greater Hudson Valley region’s best builders and developers, and their visionary work. The contest and event’s goal is to create a sense of connection among the builder community and highlight the work and innovation of developers and builders changing the landscape of Westchester’s housing and lifestyle. For the inaugural year, we ask the community to submit their best single-family and multi-family projects. An esteemed panel of judges will choose the winners. We will feature the finalists and their work in our winter issue of Westchester Home, and announce the winners at an awards presentation in January. At the event, you will have the opportunity to mingle and network with the winners along with other builders, developers, and home design enthusiasts.
The deadline to submit entries was September 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
To be considered for the Westchester Home Hudson Valley Builders Awards:
- Projects should be located in Westchester County, but professionals can be from anywhere.
- Projects should have professional photography.
- Projects must be located within an occupied home (no showrooms).
- Projects must have been completed between 2019 and 2021.
- Every submission should have at least two images (maximum of six images) associated with the entry or it will not be considered.
- You may enter a project in more than one category, but note you cannot win for the same project in more than one category.
- Projects cannot have been previously published in print or featured digitally in other shelter publications.
- Please include the name of all project collaborators that we will need to credit if your project is selected as a finalist.
- Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
Nomination categories include:
- Best Luxury Multifamily Development
- Best 55+ Multifamily Development
- Best Mixed-Use Community
- Best affordable multifamily development (20% of units or more deemed affordable
- Best Adaptive Reuse (From Non-Residential Product to Rental Apartment)
- Best Community Amenities
- Developer of the Year (Individual)
- Best Multifamily Development Architect (Individual)
Single-family Home Categories
- Spec Homes under 5000 square
- Spec Homes over 5000 square feet
- Custom Home – Modern
- Custom Home – Traditional
- Remodeling project — under $300,000
- Remodeling project — over $300,000
- Builder of the Year (individual)
- Best Single Family Home Architect (individual)