Restaurant Name: Sonora Restaurant
Chef’s Name: Rafael Palomino
Dish you will be serving at Westchester Magazine’s Wine and Food Week: “Free Bird”Chicken Stuffed with Chorizo, Sweet Plantain and Goat Cheese topped with Shallot and Sherry Sauce.
Chorizo-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
» 1 1/2 Colombian chorizo
» 50 g soft goats’ cheese
» 5 g diced and fried sweet plantains
» 4 tbsp olive oil
» 5 g of roasted peppers
» 5 g of scallions
» 5 g tomatos
» 1 pinch of cumin
» 1 sprigs rosemary
» 1 sprigs thyme
» 1/2 bulbs garlic
» 1 corn-fed chicken thigh
» 140 ml sherry wine
» 140 ml good chicken stock
» 25 g unsalted butter, diced
1. Preheat a pan with garlic and cooking oil. Put the chorizo pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to release their oil. Allow to cool briefly.
2. To the chorizo add roasted peppers, scallions, tomato, herbs, sweet plantain and cumin. Stir constantly to a low heat until cook.
3. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
4. In the meantime, scrape clean the winglet bone of the chicken supreme. Using a kitchen hammer and plastic wrap flat the chicken as much as you can.
- Partner Content -
5. Place goats’ cheese on the chorizo mixture. Toss it until the cheese integrates to the mixture. Using a spoon put the mixture on the flatted thigh and roll it up. Using cooking string tie both ends and use one for the center to avoid the mixture to come out.
6. On the stovetop, heat an ovenproof pan with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add the chicken rolls to the pan and sear on each side until browned. Transfer to the hot oven and cook for 15-18 minutes.
7. In the pan used for the chicken, pour away any excess oil and return to the stovetop. Deglaze the pan with the sherry wine and shallots, stirring to incorporate the caramelized cooking juices. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and boil vigorously until the volume of liquid has reduced by half.
8. Gradually whisk in the diced butter so that the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve.
9. This dish can be served with Saffron or Arugula mashed potatoes. Herb roasted vegetables go great too!