There’s little easier in the baking world than banana bread (slice-and-bake cookies don’t count as real baking!). You’ll likely have all you need to make this quick bread (a bread that uses baking soda/baking powder as opposed to yeast as a leavening agent) as the ingredient list is full of basics that most people regularly have in their pantry/fridge.
This version is moist, light, and not excessively sweet.
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1½ Tbsp milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray or butter. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix the sugar and butter in an electric mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in bananas and milk.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour in wet ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Set on wire rack for approximately 5 minutes, then remove banana bread from pan and cool completely.