Though your Super Bowl Sunday may be reserved for beer, wings, and sport, be sure to save some room for the sweet stuff. Feb. 5 is also World Nutella Day, and we have a slightly healthier twist on the classic spread that’ll keep you cheering for more.
1 cup hazelnuts, de-shelled
3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Place hazelnuts into a food processor and grind into a paste; Add confectioners’ sugar, oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Continue to process the mixture until smooth.
- Over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips atop a double boiler, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides to avoid scorching. Pour melted chocolate into the food processor and blend into the hazelnut mixture.
- Cool spread at room temperature before sealing tightly.
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com.