**Due the COVID-19 pandemic, please check with hosts and venues to confirm event details are up to date.**
For a curated list of our favorite things to do this week, click here.
If you have an event you would like to submit to our community calendar, you can do that here.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Back-to-School Special Education Law & Advocacy Roundtable Discussion
September 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Round Table Discussion: Special Education Law & Advocacy
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 7:00pm EST
Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law, Westport & Guilford, CT
Jane Faherty, Director of Jumpstart, Stamford JCC and Educational Advocate
Jennifer Weitz and Marla Wayne, Educational Advocates, JW Advocates , Southbury, CT
Co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT)
Registration is required to view the webinar. Zoom Registration Form link: https://bit.ly/2E03II7
Questions? Email Rachel Berliner at email@example.com
Top 10 Topics for Discussion:
• Re-entry into school: Coping with the “new normal” school environment
• The many roles of parents at home and in school
• Challenges to Learning in School: academic, COVID issues, anxiety, school refusal, etc.
• Re-evaluating the IEP in the face of COVID – Importance of keeping records
• Addressing families moving to the area – new registration
• Ensuring Appropriate Placements
• How to Prepare for a PPT meeting via teleconference
• My child’s special education rights
• Compensatory education
• Updating Evaluations
*Please check with all venues to confirm the most up to date event details prior to arrival.