**Due the COVID-19 pandemic, please check with hosts and venues to confirm event details are up to date.**
For a curated list of our favorite things to do this week, click here.
If you have an event you would like to submit to our community calendar, you can do that here.
- This event has passed.
Back-to-School Special Education Law & Advocacy Webinar
September 29 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Please join us on September 29th at 6:30 p.m. EST for the Back-to-School Special Education Law & Advocacy Webinar
This webinar is free and open to the public. Registration is required to view the webinar. Registration form on Zoom link: https://bit.ly/3cqM1hJ
Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Connecticut Special Education Law (Westport and Guilford, CT)
Jane Faherty, Director of Jumpstart, Stamford JCC and Educational Advocate
Jennifer Weitz and Marla Wayne, Educational Advocates, JW Advocates (Southbury, CT)
Co-hosted with the Stamford JCC (Stamford, CT)
Touchpoints as a Basis for Discussion in the time of the COVID Crisis:
• Understanding your child’s special education rights
• Re-entry into school: Coping with the “new normal” school environment
• Scenarios of learning: in-school, vs home, vs. hybrid
• Challenges to learning: academics, wearing of masks, anxiety, school refusal
• Re-evaluating the IEP in the face of COVID/ Preparing for a PPT
• Compensatory Education
• Regression: when the student does not master the curriculum
• Bullying issues arising from COVID
Please email questions to Rachel Berliner firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please check with all venues to confirm the most up to date event details prior to arrival.