North Salem may be home to a thriving equestrian community, but there’s more to this charming town then horses. See how well you know North Salem in this WM pop quiz.
1. What Academy Award-winning composer resides in North Salem?
A. Alan Menken
B. John Williams
C. Hans Zimmer
D. James Newton Howard
2. The name of North Salem resident David Letterman’s Netflix show is?
A. My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
B. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
C. Off Camera
D. Dinner for Five
3. Is the geologic phenomenon known as Balanced Rock — a 60-ton pink-granite boulder perched atop five limestone rocks off North Salem’s Titicus Road —
man-made or natural?
D. No one knows
4. Which U.S. president spent several years writing his enthralling personal memoir at a historic home in North Salem?
A. Ulysses S. Grant
B. Martin Van Buren
C. James A. Garfield
D. Theodore Roosevelt
5. Which popular North Salem restaurant is situated in an 18th-century house?
A. Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish
C. One Twenty One
D. The Blazer Pub
6. What apple-cider brand is named after a street in North Salem?
B. Orchard Hill
C. Rushing Duck
7. What is the approximate median household income in North Salem?
8. According to 2018 government data, what percentage of North Salem residents are 65 and older?
– Spoiler Alert! Answers Below –