1) Eliminate Items: It’s been said that we wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. If you’re neglecting more than half of your wardrobe, consider having a mini-fashion show with your trusted friends. Create 3 piles – one to keep, one to donate and one to toss. Count on your loved ones to tell you the truth about how you look in each outfit and then distribute garments accordingly.
2) Consider a Space-Saving Solution: No matter what your current living situation is, being efficient with your storage will maximize your space and keep you organized. For storing odds and ends in plain sight, invest in a chic custom unit that can blend right in with your home decor. From simple shelves and bookcases, to something as complex as an entertainment center, it’s important to be strategic when organizing your storage.
3) Establish A Dedicated Workspace: Clutter accumulates throughout the year, be it unfiled paperwork, rubber bands and post-its. Before anything else, sweep your space clean and start fresh. Once you get rid of all excess clutter, find an organization system that works for you. Next, pick out the bells and whistles such as file cabinets and under mount lighting that will make your space work ready and efficient.
4) Change Your Mindset: Life is bound to get busy and when it does, having your thoughts and space in order can be the difference between success and failure. Take the time to make a solid organizing routine – especially in small spaces.
5) Delegate Tasks: If you have too many projects going at once, don’t be afraid to ask for some help. Delegating tasks can help you maximize your own productivity and value. Pull out the weekly to-do list, as well as the short-term goals, and see what you can thoughtfully pass along. With a joint effort and cooperation, your family will be happy and your home will be sparkling clean.
6) Write It Down: No matter how good your memory is, you’re bound to forget the small details every once and awhile. An organized notebook will channel your creativity at the forefront of your mind. It will also keep you focused so you don’t have to start from scratch each time you approach a complex task.
7) Disconnect From Devices: As we know, technology has some wonderful benefits. However, your online life can start to take a toll on your real life. That’s why it’s important to unplug from our digital devices for at least one hour a day. This is a very effective tool because it allows our brains and bodies to unwind and engage in other tasks.
8) Find Your Private Oasis: Create one space in your home that is your respite. It should be clean, clutter-free, calm and inviting. For example, a custom dressing room can promise you the setting and opportunity to relax and start the morning slow, or to wind down after a hectic days work. Peace and tranquility will help you develop your own style and design the person you want the rest of the world to see.
9) Spruce Up Your Decor: Focus on the feeling you want to achieve in your space and include elements that help you find peace, and add to your sense of balance. Decorate with escapist art or photography that transports you to another time and place that you find soothing. Vacation photos are great for this purpose because they include loved ones and a connection to happy memories that direct you towards a mood of self-love. Details and small comforts can be essential to putting your mind at ease.
10) Be Present: Believe it or not, these two words can make a huge difference in simplifying and streamlining your life. Living here and now, in the moment, keeps you aware of life, of what is going on around you and within you. It does wonders for your sanity